Saturday 3 August 2013

Q&A Saturday

So overnight my popularity from this chapter has excelled all my expectations, particularly in Norway. A few of my devoted fans have asked me questions so I thought that I'd hold a Q&A to answer some curiosity for you guys.

Of all the fiction that you could write, such as children's books and murder mysteries, why did you choose to pick erotica?

This is a very good question and one that my trusted circle of colleagues asked a lot when I revealed to them that I had decided to start writing erotica. A lot of the reason is the recent success of erotica in society today, I've found that it sells well especially amongst middle class housewives. Why sit on the train with A Christmas Carol when you could be reading about Harry Art? Also I haven't ruled out merging the two topics of children's books and erotica together and writing some children's erotica.

Where do you plan on going from here in telling the story of Harry Art?

I don't want to reveal a lot of my future plans but one of my main aims is to breach a lot of the untapped space between genres. For example, I might wish to work my way into a dramatic erotica which merges with some dark comedy. The story of Harry Art after all is a great tragedy. I aim to make my stories as close to real life as possible in making them unsettling to the reader.

Who inspired the character of Harry Art?

The character of Harry Art is based on the man that my ex partner ran away with. There are many similarities between the two such as the lack of personal hygiene and the tragic life circumstances. Though I like to think that Harry Art represents the religiously repressed man of today, those who have become the subjects of terror and the fear of god. The character of Harry Art is largely a metaphor for the tragic East/West divide in America.

Do you yourself have a sexual paraphilia?

In the sense that I had sex before marriage I guess that I do. I let my demons take a hold of me and possess me. I bred with my partner and created a son. Then she left me. I learnt then the merits of abstinence. My son does not love me because I let my demons take ahold. I guess in a sense Harry Art is a little like us all in that way. The way we're all becoming possessed by sexual desire from time to time and let our frustrations take ahold of us. Next time you read his story, question how much alike to him that you are.

Thank you very much for your questions! I will do another Q&A when there are more questions. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment